Refreshing Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 cups of chickpea flour (or any type of gluten free flour & you can also mix it with 1 cup of chickpea flour 1 cup of coconut flower)
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tbs of poppy seeds
- 2 tbs of grounded flaxseed
- 1 tbs of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of unsweet applesauce (homemade you usually need 2 apples)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 of natural sweetener (coconut sugar or organic cane sugar)
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
1) Wash lemons and squeeze juice out. Take lemon skin and blender it.
2) Blender apples to make the applesauce.
3) Mix lemon and apple sauce together in a separate bowl. Stir. Add almond milk. Add coconut oil (have it be slightly melted).
4) Mix flour in bowl along with baking soda. Add in poppy seeds. Add sweetener. Add flaxseed. Stir.
5) Add wet and dry ingredients together. Fold and stir together.
6) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
7) Grease muffin tin with coconut oil and pour.
8) Bake for 20 minutes.
9) Enjoy for breakfast or a midday snack! A refreshing way to begin your day and celebrate spring.