Healing Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry is designed to nourish you heart: a simple and flavorful healing recipe! It will always leave you feeling whole and healthy!
- 1 cup of chickpeas (for fresher beans buy them in the bag and soak over night)
- 1/2 cup of snap peas
- 1/2 cup of brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of yellow and red peppers
- 1/2 cup of carrots (cut before hand into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup of broccoli
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of asparagus
- 1 onion
- A clove of garlic
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 cups of jasmine or balsamic
- 1 tbs of basil to add to rice while cooking
For curry sauce:
- 2 tbs of curry powder
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (for the most flavor and health benefits don’t buy lite coconut milk)
- A dash of salt
- For a touch of sweetness I will occasionally add a tbs of sweetener (such as coconut sugar or agave nectar…really pops the flavor)
- A handful of cilantro for added flavor (garnish on the curry before you serve it)
1) Chop up vegetables anyway you like.
2) Saute onion and garlic with coconut oil, add a dash of salt and pepper for added flavor.
3) Open up can of coconut milk and add scoop out coconut milk, leave the coconut water left over in a bowl. Add coconut milk and other curry spices.
4) Add chopped vegetables.
5) Cook on medium heat and shimmer for about 20 minutes. Add coconut water left over from the milk. Stir every few minutes.
6) Boil water for rice, add rice & basil.
7) Once vegetables are soft it is ready to serve! Garnish with cilantro.
8) Enjoy in a bowl or a plate!