Energizing Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti inflammatory food! Great for depression and anxiety. It also helps with joint health, organ health, promote healthy skin, improve brain function and are a stress relief. Chickpea flour is packed with protein and is naturally gluten free. Chickpea flour has double the amount of protein than whole-wheat flour and six times more than all-purpose flour. It’s an excellent source of folate, containing seven times more folate than whole-wheat flour. It even has more folate than enriched all-purpose flour. It also provides vitamin B-6, iron, magnesium and potassium. These pancakes are the perfect way to start off your morning or even end your night!
1 cup of chickpea flour 4 tbs of full fat coconut milk (put the rest a large mason or canning jar and store in the fridge)
3-5 tbs of coconut sugar or your choice of sweetener
Half a can of organic pumpkin or if you have the time buy the pumpkin yourself and can it (store the extra in the fridge to make another patch tomorrow morning)
2 tbs of nutmeg and cinnamon (great to get the blood flowing)
1-2 tbs of organic extra virgin coconut oil
Optional: A few tbs of chopped ginger for an extra healthy kick!
1) Mix flour, a dash of sugar and coconut milk together.
2) In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar together (also grated ginger if desired).
3) Combine flour and pumpkin together. Mix well.
4) Form into a pancake.
5) Heat up stove, melt coconut oil and and flip your pancake!
6) Melt coconut oil on top for added flavor and health benefits.
7) Serve with coffee or a cup of chai!
8) Relax, be mindful and enjoy your morning.