Interested in going deeper into your meditation practice or are you just beginning? No matter where you are on your journey I can help you achieve a deeper state of peace and relaxation.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the psychological process of bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment, which can be developed through the practice of meditation and other training.
What is Meditation?
Meditation can be defined as a practice where an individual focuses his or her mind on a particular object, thought or activity to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.
What are the benefits?
- Reduces Stress. Stress reduction is one of the most common reasons people try meditation!
- Controls Anxiety
- Promotes Emotional Health
- Enhances Self-Awareness
- Lengthens Attention Span
- May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss
- Can Generate Kindness
- Help Regulate Blood Pressure + Diabetes
- May Help Fight Addictions
Meditation is a holistic tool to bring a person back into balance and requires no props and can be done anywhere!
There are two major styles of meditation:
- Focused-attention meditation: Concentrates attention on a single object, thought, sound or visualization. It emphasizes ridding your mind of attention and distraction. Meditation may focus on breathing, a mantra or a calming sound.
- Open-monitoring meditation: Encourages broadened awareness of all aspects of your environment, train of thought and sense of self. It may include becoming aware of thoughts, feelings or impulses that you might normally try to suppress.
Together we will build you a meditation plan that fits your daily life and helps bring more ease, peace and relaxation in!